It was brought to my attention that the next release of BE will have some changes in the database scheme. I’ve compared the new script with the old one and the only changes, at the moment of this writing, are two new tables. Since the tables both use varbinary(max) they are not compatible with MS SQL 2000. I’ve changed the script to use image instead and briefly tested it. Seems to work like a charm. I’ve also looked at the code which retrieves the values and I don’t think there will be problems except hitting the maximum amount that can be stored in the image datatype, which is unlikely.
So if you check out the code from codeplex and want to use it with a MS SQL 2000 database use this file: BE_SQL2000_Dev.sql (15.07 kb) .
If you download the latest release of BE (1.3.*) you can still use the script I posted in a previous post and for your convenience I’ve added it here: BE_SQL2000_126.96.36.199.sql (14.23 kb) .
One Reply to “Updated BlogEngine.NET scripts”
nice post very useful!